New Orleans Travel Journal
Jazz up your next Travel Journal with Sizzix. The Book Club collection by Eileen Hull offers everything you need to make a journal that you can easily personalize with a variety of fun embellishments.
- Cardstock (Black Glitter, Dark Pink, Gold Glitter, Light Pink, Kraft, White Glitter, White Swiss Dot)
- Embossed Paper (White)
- Patterned Paper (Seven Different Patterns)
- Adhesive Flat Dots
- Adhesive Foam Dots
- Baker’s Twine (Black and White Combo, White)
- Black Pen
- Cord (Stretchy)
- Corner Rounder
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Epoxy Dots (Black)
- Hole Punch
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Ribbon (Pink Seam Binding, Pink Trim, White Seam Binding, White Tulle)
- Die-cut out of Little Sizzles Mat Board the Wrapped Journal. Cut off the extension panel by cutting along the score line where the scoring section without holes begins. This will leave two even panels on either side of the binding holes. Fold along the score lines, and trim the excess from the panel that is slightly longer so that each panel is even. Round all four corners of the journal with a corner rounder.
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock and a patterned paper the Wrapped Journal, and cut off the extension wrap panel from each so that they will match the mat board from step 1. Round off each corner of the papers with a corner rounder. With double-sided tape, adhere the kraft cardstock to the outside of the mat board and the patterned paper to the inside of the mat board. Along the outer perimeter of the whole journal, sand down the edges with a piece of sandpaper.
- Cut out six 4" x 7" strips of different patterned papers. Fold each strip in half to create squares. Using the scallop inset from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set, die-cut scallops as desired into one side of the squares to create pockets. Cut one half of the square on the rectangle strip at a diagonal or a straight edge where desired to create additional types of pockets. Down the center of each strip, place stretchy cord and then adhere each panel strip together with double-sided tape. (*Note: Be sure to place adhesive on the outside edge of each square so that the pockets are not adhered together.)
- Die-cut out of black glitter cardstock a set of flowers from the Journaling Cards, Flowers & Leaves set. Die-cut additional sets of flowers out of dark pink cardstock, gold glitter cardstock, light pink cardstock, vellum and patterned paper.
- Die-cut out of white glitter cardstock a set of small hearts from the Journaling Cards, Hearts set. Die-cut additional sets of the small hearts out of gold glitter cardstock, kraft cardstock and light pink cardstock. Die-cut out of dark pink cardstock a set of large hearts from the Journaling Cards, Hearts set.
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock and dark pink cardstock the large rectangle tab from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set to use as descriptive labels (as needed). From the same set, die-cut out of kraft cardstock and dark pink cardstock the circle tag and the small rectangle tag to create descriptive labels (as needed).
- Die-cut out of dark pink cardstock, light pink cardstock, patterned paper and white Swiss dot cardstock a desired number of large tags from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set. At the top of each tag, punch a hole and tie either seam binding ribbon or white tulle. With a ruler and a black pen, draw journal lines down the entire length of the tag.
- Die-cut out of black glitter cardstock desired words from the Journaling Words set to place throughout the album as desired.
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock one small rectangle from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set. Die-cut a journal card tag using the same die by folding a piece of kraft cardstock in half and laying one of the long cutting edges slightly over the edge of the fold so that it creates a folded card base once die-cut. With a ruler and black pen, add journal lines to the kraft rectangle tag and the kraft journal card tag.
- Place photos and die-cut tags where desired throughout the square pages. Embellish pages with die-cut hearts, flowers, and words created in previous steps. Embellish photos and pages with baker’s twine and ribbon as desired.
- Attach the album pages through the binding holes with the stretchy cord tied into small knots to hold the pages in place.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white embossed cardstock. Adhere the embossed piece over the binding holes on the outside of the album with hot glue.
- Die-cut out of patterned paper the small credit card shape from the Credit Card Sleeve & Tags set. From the same set, die-cut out of kraft cardstock the small rectangle tab. Die-cut out of black glitter cardstock the word Travel from the Journaling Words set. Cut a 3 1/4" x 1 1/2" piece of vellum. Adhere the word to the top half of the vellum with liquid adhesive. Directly below the word, adhere the small kraft tab with double-sided tape. With a black pen, write the place of destination for the travel album. Adhere the vellum to the top of the patterned credit card shape with adhesive flat dots. Along the bottom of the credit card shape, adhere a pink ribbon trim with hot glue. Attach the whole piece to the center front of the album with hot glue.