Barrel Cactus Wall Hanging
Get back to nature! This Barrel Cactus Wall Hanging sets a beautiful scene with boundless beauty in dazzling dimension and detail.
- Cardstock (Forest Green)
- Patterned Paper
- 6" x 6" Wood Panel
- Acrylic Paint (White)
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Bone Folder or Scoring Tool
- Decorative Brad
- Foam Brush
- Gold Paint Pen
- Hole Punch
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Sandpaper (Fine Grit)
- Tissue Paper (Yellow)
- Twine or Jute
- With white acrylic paint and a foam brush, dry brush a wood panel. Set aside the wood panel to dry.
- Die-cut out of forest green cardstock six cactus panels from the Barrel Cactus, 3-D die.
- Place each die-cut cactus panel one at a time in the Tiny Dots embossing folder, and emboss the panels.
- Fold each cactus panel in half and score with a bone folder. Align and adhere each folded cactus panel together with liquid adhesive.
- Paint the edges and spikes of each cactus panel with a gold paint pen. Set the panels aside to dry.
- Lightly distress the painted wood panel with fine-grit sandpaper.
- Cut a 6" x 2 1/2" piece of patterned paper. Adhere the patterned paper to the bottom half of the wood panel with liquid adhesive, and let it dry.
- Wrap twine or jute around the bottom of the wood panel over the patterned paper. Tie the twine in place.
- Die-cut out of 10 layers of yellow tissue paper a flower from the Barrel Cactus die. Punch a hole in the center of the tissue paper flowers, and attach the layers together with a decorative brad.
- Adhere the finished cactus to the wood panel with adhesive foam tape. Adhere the flower above the cactus with hot glue.
- Paint all the edges of the wood panel with a gold paint pen.
- Staple twine or jute to the back of the wood panel to create a hanger.