|2/3 yd||White||Cut (1) 20" x 26" rectangle for the background|
|10" square||Light green*|
|12" square||Dark green*|
|Fat 1/4||Brown||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 5" rectangle*|
Cut (6) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric|
|24" x 32"||Batting|
|1 package||Heavyweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 20" x 26"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Cutting the Shapes:
- Search on the internet for a clip art image of a swirly Christmas tree. Use eCAL2 to "Trace" the image. While "Keeping Proportions" checked, enlarge the images to 14.864" x 19.395".
- "Ungroup" and then put like shapes together, "grouping" them together once assigned to the fabric color.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Use "Preview" to ensure what will be cut.
- Place the red fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull the shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to cut the light green fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to cut the dark green fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the brown fabric. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the swirls, leaves, circles, star and base onto the 20" x 26" background using the photo as a guide.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.