Baby Love Pillow
We've got the baby blues…and baby pinks, baby greens and baby yellows! This cheery pillow is sure to brighten any room, and it's sew easy to make with Sizzix Quilting Dies.
|1/4 yd||Solid white||Cut (16) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
Cut (1) 16" Square for the backing
|(8) 5" squares||1930s Reproduction prints||Cut (16) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|17" x 17"||Batting|
|16" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew a solid white Half-Square Triangle and a 1930s print Half-Square Triangle with right sides together along the diagonal seam to form a square block. Make 16 blocks.
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the blocks on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew the blocks together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the points.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the pillow top. Again, press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert the pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.