Baby Love Quilt
Wrap up baby in a rainbow delight! This colorful blanket brightens any nursery and makes for a fun project with easier-than-ever piecing.
Theme: New Baby
|3/4 yd||Solid white||Cut (156) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|(12) Fat 1/4||1930s Reproduction prints||Cut (156) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|42" x 45"||Batting|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
- Finished Size: 35" x 38"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Sew a solid white Half-Square Triangle and a 1930s print Half-Square Triangle with right sides together along the diagonal seam to form a square block. Make 156 blocks.
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the block on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew the blocks together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the points.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the quilt top. Again, press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.