Mini Double Wedding Ring Wall HangingProject #18970
Say 'I do' to a traditional quilt design with a modern twist. Intricate piecing is easier than ever with Sizzix Quilt Dies. Just choose your favorite colors for a one-of-a-kind blanket.
Products Used660532-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Double Wedding Ring, 9" Assembled 660533-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/4" Wide
|1 1/3 yd||Solid red||Cut (14) DWR centers|
Cut (4) DWR melon shapes
Cut (2) DWR end arc pieces
Cut (1) DWR end arc pieces reversed
Cut (5) DWR symmetrical arc pieces
Cut (13) DWR squares
Cut (6) DWR solid arc pieces
Cut (2) 7 1/2" x 25" strips
Cut (2) 7 1/2" x 39" strips
|(20) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (10) DWR centers|
Cut (30) DWR melon shapes
Cut (13) DWR end arc pieces
Cut (14) DWR end arc pieces reversed
Cut (53) DWR symmetrical arc pieces
Cut (57) DWR squares
Cut (43) DWR solid arc pieces
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|50" x 50"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 39" x 39"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- To make piecing the curved seams easier, find and mark the center of each of the curved seams. Match the centers and pin. Do the same with the ends. A few extra pins in between will hold everything in place while sewing the seam.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Sew one end arc piece, three symmetrical arc pieces and one end piece reversed together to make an arc. Press. Repeat 19 more times for a total of 20 pieced arcs. Refer to Diagram 1.
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out all the pieced and solid arcs on a design wall or the floor, and rearrange until satisfied with the look. Fit missing squares into the layout to connect the arc pieces around the melon shapes.
- Sew two halves of a pieced melon together, finger pressing the centers and matching the seams. Press. Repeat 35 more times for a total of 36 melons.
- Sew a pieced melon to the top and bottom of a background center. Next, sew a melon to each side of this unit to form a large circle (see Diagram 2). Repeat to form the units shown in Diagram 3.
- Sew the large circles to the partial circles (see Diagram 3).
- Sew the center curve together, matching the seam for both sides (see Diagram 4).
- Once the center is finished, trim to a 25" square. Add one 7 1/2" strip to the left and right sides of the 25" square. Press.
- Sew the 7 1/2" top and bottom borders onto the quilt. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.