Teach kids a true love of learning with this heart-filled book of colors. Creating appliqués for any project is easy with Sizzix Quilting Dies.
|Scraps||(9) Assorted prints||Cut (9) Hearts*|
|5" squares||(10) Black|
|10" x 15"||Batting||Cut (5) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 5" x 5"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Heat fuse one Heart to the center of one 4 1/2" Square. Repeat with the remaining Hearts and 4 1/2" Squares. Leave one Square without a Heart for the back of the book.
- Stitch around the edge of each Heart.
- Layer two Squares right sides together with one piece of batting. Stitch around the edge leaving a 2" opening.
- Turn right side out and press.
- Stitch around the edge.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, attach three eyelets on the left side of the book pages.
- Stack the book pages together, string ribbon through the eyelets and make a knot to secure.