Leaping Bunnies Table Mat
Some bunny is going to love this idea! Decorate for Easter with bunny appliqués on a fun-filled mat that's sure to liven up any surface for Spring.
|1 yd||Green flannel||Cut (2) 25" circles|
|1/4 yd||Brown wool||Cut (5) Bunnies|
|1/8 yd||Ivory wool||Cut (5) Eggs|
|Fat 1/8||Pink wool||Cut (10) bow ribbons (two for each bunny)|
|6" x 6"||Yellow wool||Cut (5) scallops the width of the Egg|
Cut (10) small flowers
|Scrap||Green wool||Cut (20) leaves|
|(2) 2" x 2"||Different turquoise wools||Cut (2) flowers|
Cut (2) tiny circles for flower center
|(3) 2" x 2"||Different pink wools||Cut (4) flowers|
|(2) 3" x 3"||Different lavender wools||Cut (2) flowers|
Cut (5) tiny circles for flower on Bunny neck
|(2) 2" x 2"||Different blue wools||Cut (2) flowers|
|3 yd||Pink rickrack|
|Assorted embroidery thread|
- Finished Size: 25" x 25"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
Assembling the Project:
- As shown in the photo, place the pieces onto the front of one 25" circle, and baste with small amounts of glue.
- Sew around the pieces using a decorative stitch.
- Baste the front circle and the back circle together.
- Mark the middle of the circle using a 10" circle. Using embroidery floss, sew a running stitch around the circle through all the layers.
- Mark lines in the middle of the center circle, sew a running stitch to create a crosshatch look.
- Stitch rickrack around the edges and around the center circle.