Poinsettia WreathProject #19209
What would the holidays be without a Poinsettia Wreath? This blooming beauty enhances the season with stylish décor that’s impossible to ignore.
Products Used662394-Sizzix Accessory - Crease & Curl Tool 663174-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Card, Poinsettia Fold-a-Long
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Dark Green, Light Green, Pink, White Glitter), Glue Gun, Gold Paint Pen, Grapevine Wreath, Ink Blending Tool or Foam Sponge, Ink Pads (Green, Pink), Paper Trimmer, Twine
- Cut two 5 1/2" x 4" pieces and two 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces of pink cardstock. Fold all the pieces of pink cardstock in half vertically. Die-cut the large half-poinsettia shape out of the 5 1/2" x 4" pieces by placing the folded edge of each piece of cardstock slightly over the straight edge of the die. The open side of the cardstock should face away from the straight edge of the die. Repeat this process with the 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces of pink cardstock using the small half-poinsettia die. (Note: Use the Magnetic Platform or a small piece of washi tape to hold the die in place while running through the machine.)
- Die-cut six leaves out of dark green cardstock, six leaves out of light green cardstock, one small flower out of pink cardstock and one flower center out of white glitter cardstock.
- With an ink blending tool, add green ink to the edges of the leaves and pink ink to the edges of the poinsettias and small flower. Use a gold paint pen to edge the leaves, poinsettias and small flower.
- Shape the leaves, poinsettias and small flower with the Crease & Curl Tool.
- Layer the poinsettias, small flower and flower center and adhere together with the Glue Gun.
- Adhere with the Glue Gun the layered poinsettia to the bottom center of a grapevine wreath and the leaves to either side of the poinsettia. Tie a piece of twine to the top of the grapevine wreath.