Merry Christmas Envelope #2
Ready to push the creative envelope? The Winter Greetings collection merrily transforms any envelope, inside and out.
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations, Christmas
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Green, Light Green, Red, White), Patterned Paper (Plaid), Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner, Gems (Clear), Ink Blending Tool, Ink Pad (Red), Liquid Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Pencil, Ruler, Scissors, Scoring Tool
- To make the sliding insert, cut a piece of plaid patterned paper to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2". Score the top edge of the plaid panel at 3/8". Fold the panel along the crease line to make a flap on the back of the panel. Align the top edge of the Mini Envelope Liner die slightly above the fold and die-cut the panel and flap. Move the flap out the way and die-cut the panel with the word Enjoy just below the crease line. Die-cut the sides of the panel with the snowflake border. Save three of the die-cut snowflakes.
- Add red ink along the edges of the plaid Mini Envelope Liner using the ink blending tool.
- Die-cut the Mini Envelope Liner out of white cardstock and adhere it to the back of the plaid Mini Envelope Liner with double-sided tape.
- Attach Adhesive Sheets to the back of green, light green, red and white cardstock. Die-cut the word Enjoy out of the green cardstock. Die-cut a large snowflake out of the white cardstock. Die-cut the phrase Merry Christmas once each out of the green, light green and red cardstock, and save the inside pieces of the leaves and flowers.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the word Enjoy and inset the word into the die-cut opening on the plaid Mini Envelope Liner.
- Apply double-sided tape to the flap on the plaid Mini Envelope Liner. Using scissors, trim away the curved portions from the back of the Mini Envelope, so that the front edge of the envelope opening is a straight line. Cut three strips from the adhesive-backed green cardstock and adhere them to the back of the envelope. Adhere the three die-cut snowflakes to the bottom strip. Slide the plaid Mini Envelope Liner into the envelope and adhere the flap just above the envelope's fold. The panel should now slide up and down as you open and close the envelope flap.
- Adhere the red Merry Christmas die-cut to the front of the Mini Envelope. Using scissors, cut off the leaves and flower portions of the green Merry Christmas die-cut. Adhere the green leaves and flowers to the red die-cut. Inset the red and light green inside pieces into the green leaf and flower shapes.
- Cut a 1/2" strip of plaid patterned paper. Adhere the strip and the large white snowflake to the envelope flap. Embellish the envelope with clear gems. Place a gift card into the envelope.