Patriotic Table Topper
Bring the red, white and blue to everything you do—including your table settings! This all-American table topper makes the perfect presentation of your patriotism in unforgettable style.
Theme: Decorative Elements
|(5) Fat 1/4||Assorted prints||Cut (20) Dresden Plates|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|25" x 25"||Batting|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut 115" of 2 1/2" bias Strip|
- Finished Size: 22 1/2" Circle
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Arrange the 20 Dresden Plates to form a circle.
- Sew the Dresden Plates together, along their long sides, leaving the last seam open. Note: The binding will be sewn to the inside circle, the unsewn edges of the Dresden Plates and the outer circle.
- Press the seams open.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.