Jungle Leaf Table Runner
Looking for some creative re-leaf? Then you'll be wild about this Jungle Leaf Table Runner that unleashes your creativity on any table setting with lush and lovely results.
|(4) 1/2 yd||Assorted prints||Cut (84) Half Hex shapes|
|1/4 yd||Green solid||Cut (30) Half Hex shapes|
|1/3 yd||Blue print||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|72" x 15"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 68" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Runner Top:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the entire pattern on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of the layout.
- Starting at 1/4" from the edge, sew the first two Half Hex shapes together (Diagram 1).
- Without ironing, sew the third Half Hex into the triangle (Diagram 2). Iron right sides up (Diagram 3). Place back into layout.
- Repeat until all Half Hex shapes are sewn into triangles.
- Sew the Half Hex triangles together into rows. Press the seams in opposite directions.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the top. Press the seams open.
- Layer the backing, batting and runner top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the runner. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the runner and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure 1
- Figure 2
- Figure 3