Birthday Window Card
Sweeten any birthday with a card that screams celebration right from the start.
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Blue, Cream, Dark Pink, Pale Green, Pale Pink, White), Flat-Back Gems, Foam Squares, Glue Gun
- Cut white cardstock to size and fold half to form a card base.
- Cut panel of pale pink cardstock, slightly smaller than your card. Die-cut the largest rectangle from the Birthday Shadow Box set out of the panel to create window in the panel.
- Cut another panel out of dark pink cardstock. Die-cut the medium rectangle from the die set out of the panel to create a window in the panel.
- Cut another panel out of pale green cardstock. Die-cut the smallest rectangle from the set out of the panel to create a window in the panel.
- Die-cut the scalloped roof out of pale green and cream cardstock. Cut the green piece along the crease lines to make individual stripes. Adhere the green stripes to the cream roof to create alternating green and cream stripes.
- Die-cut the balloon, cake stands and one medium fan center out of pale green cardstock.
- Die-cut the present, scalloped icing pieces, cupcake, cake slice and one large fan center out of pale pink cardstock.
- Die-cut the two tablecloths, present ribbon, bunting and one small fan outer circle out of blue cardstock.
- Die-cut the cake slice, cupcake, cake tiers, two present bows, balloon string, two (large and medium) fan outer circles and one small fan center out of cream cardstock.
- Adhere the green panel in the center of your card with foam squares.
- Adhere the dark pink panel on top with foam squares.
- Adhere the pale pink panel on top of that with foam squares.
- Glue the large pale pink fan center onto the corresponding cream fan circle. Glue the medium pale green fan center onto the corresponding cream fan circle. Glue the small cream fan center onto the small blue fan circle. Adhere flat-backed gems in the center of each fan.
- Adhere the fans to the top of the white card with foam squares, visible through the green rectangle cut out.
- Glue the blue bunting across the top right corner of the dark pink rectangle.
- Fold the striped roof piece along the top and bottom crease lines. Glue the top edge to the pale pink panel. Adhere the bottom edge to the dark pink panel with layered foam squares to give dimension.
- Glue the balloon string to the side of the pale pink panel. Mount the balloon on top with foam squares.
- Glue the large tablecloth to the dark pink panel on the left, using layered foam squares to stick it on to the green and white panels underneath.
- Repeat this process with the smaller table cloth on the right hand side of the dark pink panel, slightly higher than the first.
- Glue the pink icing onto the cake tiers. Glue the small cake tier on top of the larger one. Glue the small cream bow on top of the small tier. Glue the whole cake onto the large cake stand then onto the large tablecloth on the left, using layered foam squares to stick it to the panels underneath.
- Glue the cream cupcake wrapper onto to the pink cupcake shape and adhere it to the large tablecloth next to the tiered cake.
- Glue the ribbon cross onto the present and stick the large cream bow on top. Glue onto the small tablecloth on the right.
- Glue the cream cake slice layers onto the pink cake slice base. Stick onto the small cake stand then onto the small table cloth next to the present, tucking slightly under the pale pink rectangle.