Spring is in the air...and on your pillow! Put the prettiest petals on a pillow and make a refreshing statement.
Other Supplies: Fabric (Blue Polka Dot, Pink-and-White Stripe, White), Felt (Light Blue, Pink), Buttons (Blue, Pink), Fabric Marker (Water Soluble), Fabric Scissors, Pillow Form, Sewing Machine, Sewing Needle, Thread (Blue, Gray, Pink, White)
- Cut a rectangle of white fabric, 3/4" wider at each edge than the pillow form.
- Cut two rectangles of white fabric, one two-thirds of the length of the first cut-out (same width), the other one measuring half the length of the first cut-out (same width).
- Hem one end of each of the two smaller cut-outs.
- Die-cut 12 small Poppy petals out of pink felt.
- Die-cut 6 large Poppy petals out of pink stripe fabric.
- Die-cut 12 small Poppy petals out of light blue felt.
- Die-cut 6 large Poppy petals out of blue polka dot fabric.
- With the fabric marker, evenly mark four lines running across the width of the pillow.
- Use gray thread to sew along these lines.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to remove the pen marks.
- Layer two small blue Poppy petals on top of two large polka dot Poppy petals. Sew these together onto the pillow along one of the gray lines. Use the blue thread to hand stitch a button into the center of the complete flower.
- Repeat this process with four other blue felt petals and the remaining four polka dot petals, spacing them along the gray stitch lines.
- Then repeat this process with the pink felt and striped fabric petals.
- Layer the remaining pink felt petals and blue felt petals in twos and sew them onto the gray stitch lines, also with buttons in the centers.
- Position the two smaller white rectangles on top of the pillow front, right sides together so the flowers are on the inside and the hemmed edges are on top.
- Pin all around the edges, joining the flowery piece and the two smaller cut outs.
- Sew around the edges, removing pins as you go.
- Turn the pillow cover right side out and insert the pillow form.