Wild Leaves Pillow
Fall for all the lovely things you can make with Sizzix, including this Wild Leaves Pillow that makes Autumn even more awesome!
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Fabric (Dark Yellow, Light Yellow, White), Fabric Scissors, Iron, Pillow Form, Pom-Pom Trim (Light Yellow), Sewing Machine, Thread (Dark, Yellow, White)
- Cut a rectangle out of white fabric, 3/4" longer on each side than the pillow form.
- Cut two rectangles out of white fabric, one that is two-thirds the length of the first cut out (same width), and one that measures half the length of the first cut out (same width).
- Hem one end of each of the two smaller rectangles.
- Iron the adhesive onto the light yellow and dark yellow fabric. Use this adhesive-backed fabric for die-cutting the shapes.
- Die-cut seven leaves out of the dark yellow fabric.
- Die-cut eight leaves out of the light yellow fabric.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the leaves and iron them randomly all over the large white fabric rectangle.
- Use a sewing machine to stitch up the middle of each leaf with yellow thread.
- Position the two smaller white rectangles on top of the pillow front, right sides together so the leaves are on the inside and the hemmed edges are on top.
- Pin all around the edges, joining the leafy piece and the two smaller cut outs.
- At each end of the pillow, pin a strip of pom-pom trim with the pom-poms facing inwards between the fabric layers and pin.
- Sew around the edges, removing pins as you go and fixing the pom-poms in place.
- Turn the pillow cover right side out and fill with the pillow form.