Folk Bird Stocking
Get one step ahead and create your own stocking this Christmas.
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations, Christmas
Other Supplies: Gray fabric, White fabric, White pom-poms, Red fabric, Gray embroidery thread, Sewing needle
- Draw out a shape of a stocking on paper and when happy cut out using scissors.
- Use your template to cut out two stocking pieces out of gray fabric.
- Iron on the adhesive onto the striped, gray, red and white fabric.
- Then die-cut the Folk Bird using this fabric.
- Iron the bird onto one of the stocking pieces.
- Hand stitch all the way around the bird using the gray embroidery thread.
- Cut out two cuffs the same width as the top of the stocking out of the white fabric.
- Stitch the cuff to the stocking at the top. Repeat for the other stocking piece.
- Seam the top of the cuff on both pieces.
- Attach the pom-poms on top of the seam on both pieces.
- Pin the right sides of the stocking together and stitch all the way around. Turn inside out and fold the top of the white fabric over to form a cuff.