Just Ducky Quilt
Create a quilt that takes rubber duckies to the hilt. It's fun. It's easy. And it's a great way to make a stylish splash in any row of squares. This darling quilt is a great weekend project and it can be made with new yardage or strips.
|1/3 yd||Yellow duck print||Cut (8) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||Light blue water print||Cut (7) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||Dark blue duck in waves print||Cut (7) 5" Squares|
|1/3 yd||White umbrella print||Cut (8) 5" Squares|
|1/4 yd||White||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Yellow print||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Blue||Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 yd||White umbrella print||Cut (4) 3 1/2" wide Strips|
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips for binding
|36" x 40"||Backing fabric|
|36" x 40"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 34" x 38 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the 5" Squares in a pleasing manner, 5 across by 6 down.
- Sew 5 blocks together to form a row. Repeat to form 5 more rows.
- Sew the 6 rows together to form the quilt center.
- Sew the 1 1/2" white border Strips to the sides of the quilt center first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips. Sew the 1 1/2" yellow print and blue border Strips to the quilt in the same manner.
- Sew the 3 1/2" white umbrella border Strips to the sides of the quilt first, then sew the top and bottom border Strips.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.