Pattern Repeat Scrapbook PageProject #21387
Add a rustic aspect to your scrapbook page with this creative idea for a patterned page background.
Products Used660200-Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (White & Gray) w/Standard Platform 662225-Sizzix Making Tool - Paper Sculpting Kit 663709-Sizzix Making Essential - Foam Tape 663706-Sizzix Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed 663007-Sizzix Surfacez - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets 663006-Sizzix Making Essential - Ink Pad, Black (Pigment) & Acrylic Block 662500-Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway Machine Only (White & Gray) 663869-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Pattern Repeat 664409-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Scribbly Butterflies
Other supplies: Choice of stamps, Silver Card, Tiny Attacher Stapler, PVA Glue, Arylic Paint
- Using your Sizzix Big Shot Machine die-cut a butterfly of your choice from the Butterflies die set from silver card.
- Die-cut the patterns shown below from the Pattern Repeat die set in black card and stick onto a sheet of the same card using PVA Glue.
- Apply some light blue paint to a craft mat, take some kitchen paper and dab the paint. Take off some of the excess on the scrap paper and then drag down the patterned element from step 2. Repeat this using a light green acrylic paint, leaving some of the blue paint exposed. See effect in the picture.
- Fold a sheet of A4 light gray card and cut down to size using a Guillotine. From the same card, cut a small long rectangle to display the sentiment (see picture).
- Using Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen) apply lightly to the corners of the card to give an aged look. Apply same technique to small rectangle from previous step.
- Apply light colored distress inks to your chosen large stamps and stamp the front of the card and sentiment element. (I used an architectural style stamp which covered the make) add a sentiment stamp to the small rectangle using a Sizzix black ink pad and stamping block.
- Using scissors, cut the painted element to imperfect rectangular lengths.
- Attach all elements as seen in the image with the Tiny Attacher stapler.
- Finally, using Sizzix Foam Tape and attach the silver butterfly element to your card.