Other Supplies: Tim Holtz Distress Inks, White cardstock, A stamp of your choice or a computer and printer, PVA Glue, Thin Black string
- Using a computer and printer (or a stamp) print a decorative sentiment on a piece of white card. Cut a square around the sentiment and back onto a slightly bigger piece of black card using PVA glue. This creates the small sentiment square on the front of the card (pictured).
- Fold a sheet of white A4 card in half to make a greeting card shape. On one side of the card die-cut the Doodle Art die using the Sizzix Big Shot Machine.
- Cut the card to size, horizontally using a guillotine, leave a 1cm gap on each side of the die-cut area as shown below. (The card pictured opens from the bottom.)
- Using the Guillotine, cut a slightly smaller square of card to fit inside your outer card.
- On the front of the smaller cutting of card, use various shades of Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Blend from one color to the other.
- Use a spray water bottle to spray water on the inked area. Let this dry to create a speckled effect. A piece of kitchen paper can be used to dab some of the color away from the sprayed area.
- Using PVA glue, stick the inked card element behind the die-cut aperture so that the blended colors show through.
- Using a thin piece of black string, attach the sentiment element from step 1.