Retro Type FrameProject #21462
Make this mixed media retro home decor frame.
Products Used664422-Sizzix Bigz Die - Retro Type
Other Supplies: Sentiment stamp, Paper Pad - Etcetera (Tim Holtz/idea-ology), Gray board, Gray card, Black and gray acrylic paint, Black gesso, Assorted Distress Oxide Inks, Postmark Stamp, Silver gilding wax, Square black frame 6” x 6”, Black and grey stamp Ink
- Die-cut two ‘Retrotype’ typewriters from gray board and trim away the roller/return lever away from the second die-cut using a craft knife.
- Paint both die-cuts with black gesso and once dry, apply a little gray acrylic using a dry brush technique.
- Strategically apply silver gilding wax to add contrast in key areas before mounting the two die-cuts together.
- Apply some Rusty Hinge and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide Ink directly onto the face of a craft mat and spritz with clean water before blotting with a rectangle of gray card. Allow to dry and deepen the color around the edge with Black soot Distress Oxide Ink.
- Stamp the rectangle with the sentiment and add some postage mark detail with light gray ink.
- Slide the stamped rectangle into the typewriter and attach some 3-D adhesive foam pads to the rear.
- Cut a suitable piece of patterned card to size and insert into the black box frame before mounting the assembled typewriter.