Baggage Claim Card
For all travel lovers, this is the perfect birthday card!
Theme: Birthday & Party, Vacation & Travel
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Kraft), Patterned Paper (Map Print), Acrylic Paints (Black, Other Chosen Colors), Gilding Wax (Bronze), Ink Pad (Brown), Paintbrush, Paper Trimmer, Stamps (Postmark Designs), Twine
- Cut a panel of kraft cardstock to a desired card base size and fold it in half to create a horizontal card base.
- Cut a map patterned paper, sized to fit as mat on the card front.
- With the Blending Tool, apply brown ink to the corners of the the patterned paper to give it an antique effect. Center and adhere the panel to the card front with double-sided adhesive.
- Die-cut out of gray Mixed Media board four suitcases and a variety of decorative elements from the Baggage Claim die. Paint all of these die cut pieces with black acrylic paint.
- Using chosen paint colors, dry brush paint on the suitcase elements in different colors. More paint can be added as needed. Apply a bronze gilding wax with a finger to the suitcase corner elements, buckles and handles as desired.
- Once all elements are dry, assemble and adhere the suitcase elements together with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock a tag sized to fit on the card front. Apply brown ink to the edges to create an antique effect. Stamp a chosen sentiment to the front of the tag die cut.
- Tie twine through the hole at the top of the twine. Position the tag at a slight angle on the right side of the map patterned paper and adhere in place with liquid adhesive.
- Stack the suitcases in a vertical pattern to the left of the tag and adhere them to the card front with liquid adhesive.
- Stamp post mark designs on top of the suitcases and tag elements to create vintage travel effect. Ensure you have taken most of the ink off of the stamp with a scrap piece of paper, so that the marks are faint.