Anemone Flower Gift Wrap Décor
For realistic flowers that can be used for many projects, here we have created a perfect floral gift wrap.
Other Supplies: Crepe Paper (Cream, Dark Pink, White, Yellow), Gift Wrap (Pink), Sewing Machine, Thread (White), Twine, Wooden Bead
- Die-cut out of white cardstock three large flower petals and two small flower petals, out of Mint Julep cardstock two leaves, out of yellow crepe paper three circles and out of cream crepe paper three tassel flower centers from the Anemone Flower Bigz die.
- To create lifelike dimension, sculpt the flower petals and leaves using the gray molding mat and various stylus tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit.
- Layer and adhere the three large flower petals with hot glue, alternating the petals to form a solid flower base. Layer and adhere the two small flower petals on top of the large flower petals with hot glue, alternating the petals to create the look of a full flower.
- To create the center of the flower, cover a wooden bead with the three yellow crepe paper circles, adhering each layer around the wooden bead with liquid adhesive or hot glue. Adhere the three lengths of the tassel flower center end to end with hot glue. Adhere this piece around the bottom of the wooden bead to create the final flower center. Adhere this element to the center of the flower with hot glue. Adhere the leaves to the bottom of the flower.
- Wrap a gift with gift wrap.
- Cut dark pink crepe in a long strip to wrap around the center of the wrapped gift. Make sure to add excess to the length as the crepe paper will shorten once it is sewn. Change the tension on a sewing machine to create a long stitch that will create as much tension as possible. Run the sewing machine down the length of the crepe paper in one straight line, bunching the crepe paper as it moves through the machine. The crepe paper should automatically ruffle due to the high tension. Hot glue the ruffled crepe paper around the center of the gift with hot glue. Tie twine around the center of the gift wrap, covering up the sewing thread.
- Adhere the flower to the dark pink crepe paper as desired on the front of the wrapped gift.