Darling Deer Card
Latest collection from Tim Holtz, in time for our festive making. The perfect set to create a beautiful card.
Other Supplies: Ink Pad (Black), Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Weathered Wood), Stamp (Calligraphy style, sentiment, Trees), Stamp Block, Water Spritzer
- Die-cut out of Cobblestone cardstock one large and one small deer from the Darling Deer die set.
- Cut a card base out of white cardstock to a desired size and fold in half to create a vertically-standing card.
- Cut a 3" wide panel of white cardstock and trim it to the height of the card base, then trim it slightly shorter than the card base height.
- Repeat step 3, but cut a panel of white cardstock slightly smaller than the previous panel, so that when layered together the larger panel creates a border below the smaller panel.
- On the smallest panel, blend Weathered Wood ink from the top to the bottom of the panel with the Blending Tool. The panel inking should be heavier towards the top and fade to white towards the bottom.
- Stamp tree designs on the inked panel where desired using the same ink to create a tone on tone effect. Let the ink naturally fade to create the effect of some trees being further in the distance.
- With the same ink, stamp a calligraphy style stamp over the top to give a mixed media look.
- Center and adhere the small panel to the top of the large white panel with double-sided adhesive tape. Adhere the panels to the front of the card front, slightly to the left hand side with double-sided adhesive tape.
- Stamp a chosen sentiment in black ink on white cardstock. Wait for the ink to dry, then apply the same techniques from Step 7 over the top of the stamped sentiments. Cut around each word individually and adhere the sentiment to the center of the stamped panel as desired with foam tape.
- Adhere the deer elements to the card front below the sentiment with foam tape.