How to make a Flowery Card
Flowers and cards is a win from us, with one of the latest from Tim Holtz collection.
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz (Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade), Scissors, String (White), Water Spritzer
- Cut a 6" x 6" panel of black cardstock and apply an adhesive sheet to one side of the black cardstock. Die-cut out of the adhesive-backed cardstock the Flowery die. (Note: With intricate dies it is recommended to use the Chrome Precision Base Plate to assist in the ease of die-cutting fine details.) Use the die brush and die pick to remove all of the detailed drop out pieces from the intricate die cut. Trim around the die cut element to a desired border edge with a paper trimmer.
- Die-cut out of black cardstock one circle size of choice and out of ivory cardstock the next smallest circle from the Circles die set. Center and adhere the ivory circle to the black circle with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a panel of ivory cardstock to the same size as the black Flowery mask in step 1.
- With the Blending Took, ink multiple colors of ink on one side of the ivory panel. To achieve a blotted effect, spray the blended ink panel with water and set aside to let it dry.
- Cut a 14 1/2cm x 11 1/2cm panel of Mango Tango cardstock. Center and adhere the dry ink panel to the Mango Tango panel with liquid adhesive. Remove the protective release sheet on the Flowery die mask and adhere it directly on top of the inked panel.
- Wrapped the layered panels in white string, so that the string crosses itself in the center of the card front. Secure the string on the back side of the layered panel with hot glue.
- Adhere the layered circle on top of where the string crosses with foam tape.
- On a sheet of ivory cardstock, print the sentiment “IF FRIENDS WERE FLOWERS, I’D PICK YOU” in a desired font and size. Trim around the sentiment in a rectangle shape, cutting apart the sentiment to create two lines. Adhere the phrases as desired on top of the layered circles with foam tape.
- Cut a 22 1/2cm x 15cm panel of ivory cardstock and fold in half to create a card base. With liquid adhesive, center and adhere the layered panel to the front of the card base.