Harrison the Lion Card
Make your designs stand out using the Colorize die set, Harrison by Tim Holtz!
Other Supplies: Ivory Cardstock, Craft Mat, Paper Trimmer, Ranger Ink Pads by Tim Holtz, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Kraft Stock, Printed Sentiment, Dymo Machine
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors all chosen elements from the Harrison, Colorize die set. (Note: With Colorize die sets, there are suggested colors etched on the back of each die to assist with ease of assembly.) Additionally, for ease of assembly it is recommended to die cut all of the elements from cardstock with adhesive sheets attached to the backside of the cardstock. Following the embossed lines, assemble each layer with tweezers until the final Harrison lion element is complete.
- Cut a 5" x 5" panel of ivory cardstock. With the Blending Tool, ink the bottom of the ivory panel with Fired Brick ink, blending the ink color up to the middle of the panel in a gradient from dark light. In the middle of the panel begin blending the Squeezed Lemonade ink in a similar gradient from dark to light to the top of the panel. Die-cut out of the blended panel a 3 1/2" circle from the Circles die set.
- On a piece of ivory cardstock print the word “wild” in a desired font. Arrange Harrison around the printed sentiment, so that the tail wraps round the printed sentiment. Then cut the panel to a 4" x 5" panel to create the card front. With the Blending Tool, blend Vintage Photo ink around the corners of the panel. Blend ink darker towards the edges and lighter towards the middle of the panel to create a distressed look.
- Adhere the inked die cut circle to the top, right corner of the ivory panel with liquid adhesive. Align the circle on the panel so that some of the circle hangs off the edges. Trim along the panel with scissors and cut away the excess portion of the circle that hangs over the edge of the panel.
- Align Harrison on top of the inked circle where desired with foam tape.
- To create the ‘born to be’ sentiments, either download a ‘Dymo’ style font and cut around it, or use a Dymo machine. ‘Born’ and ‘to be’ should be cut apart to be on separate strips. Position one above the other at tilted angles, above the ‘Wild’ sentiment and adhere into place with foam tape.
- Cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/4" panel of dark green cardstock. Center and adhere the card front panel to the green cardstock panel with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 9" x 5 1/2" panel of ivory cardstock and fold it in half to create a card base. Center and adhere the layered panels to the card front base with liquid adhesive.