How to make a Celestial Favor Box
This Celestial Favor Box idea is perfect to store a small secret treat or present for a loved one! Take your ideas to the next level using this idea!
Other Supplies: String
- Out of desired cardstock, die-cut two of the large triangle base elements from the Celestial Favor Box die set. Then out of another cardstock color, die-cut one tag shape of choice from the same die set.
- Select a decorative panel design to die-cut into each side of the triangle box elements. Lay one of the elements from Step 1 on a cutting pad, and place one of the decorative panel designed dies within the embossed triangle lines on one side of the box and die-cut the design into the box’s panel. Repeat this for each panel on both die cut triangle box elements.
- Fold along all of the embossed crease lines on both of the die cut triangle box elements.
- To assemble, first apply liquid adhesive to the bottom of the square base on one of the triangle box elements. Then align and adhere the box on top of the second triangle box, so that the squares overlap to create a four-sided triangle box.
- Fold three of the triangle panels on the box upwards so they all meet at the top. Adhere the sides of the box together by placing liquid adhesive along the tabs on each side of the triangle panels and adhere the two panels together. (Note: while waiting for the adhesive to dry, also pinch the outer corner made where the two flaps join together to achieve a crisp corner). Before adhering the final panel in place fill the box with desired contents.
- Before adhering the final triangle panel in place, loop a piece of string through the hole of the die cut tag element and knot it in place on the tag. Adhere the two loose ends of string to the top inside point of the last triangle panel so that the loop pokes out of the top of the triangle box. The loop should hang down outside of the box once the final panel is adhered into place.