How to make a Pop-Up Flower Card
This idea is so beautiful and inspiring! It is perfect for your spring and summer makes!
Theme: Flowers, Plants & Trees
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer and String
- Cut a 8 3/8" x 6 1/4" panel of white cardstock and a 8" x 5 7/8" panel of Arctic Sky cardstock. Score both panels down the center. Center and adhere the Arctic Sky panel to the center of the white panel with double-sided adhesive.
- Die-cut out of Primrose cardstock the large flower, out of Hibiscus cardstock one medium flower, out of Ballet Slipper cardstock one small flower and from Opulent Rose Gold mirror and pearl cardstock one intricate flower from the Pop-Up Flower die set. Additionally, die-cut out of Lush Leaves a desired quantity and variety of solid leaf bases.
- Adhere adhesive sheets to the back of panels of Opulent Rose Gold matte, Lush Leaves and Green Tea cardstock. Die-cut from Rose Gold Opulent cardstock all of the petal edges for the Hibiscus and Ballet Slipper flowers and one flower center. Die-cut from the Lush Leaves and Green Tea cardstock a desired quantity and variety of detailed leaves.
- Fold the tabs of the large Primrose flower inward on their crease line. Adhere the tab on the edge of the flower to the back side of the petal directly next to it with liquid adhesive. Fold the flower in half, creasing it at the bottom. Position the folded flower along the center of the folded center of the Arctic Sky panel. Close the card to make sure it closes evenly. Open the card and while keeping flower in position, add a small about of liquid adhesive to the bottom of one of the two center flower tabs. Close the card and let the adhesive set. Once dry, add liquid adhesive to the back of the other center tab and close the card to let the adhesive set.
- Adhere the medium rose gold petal edges to the top edges of the Hibiscus flower. Repeat the same process as Step 4 and adhere the Hibiscus flower into the center of the Primrose flower.
- Adhere the small rose gold petal edges to the top edges of the Ballet Slipper flower. Repeat the same assembly process as Step 4 and adhere the flower into the center of the Hibiscus flower.
- Layer and adhere the intricate Rose Gold mirror flower on top of the intricate Rose Gold pearl flower with liquid adhesive, offsetting the flower petals. Adhere the flower center to the center of the two layered flowers. Fold the flower down the center and adhere it to the center of the Pop-Up Flower on the card with liquid adhesive.
- Arrange and adhere the various intricate and solid leaves as desired on the Arctic Sky panel, tucking the petals underneath the edges of the Pop-Up Flower.