How to make a Gift Tag Advent Calendar
Brighten up your home this festive season using this wonderful Gift Tag Advent Calendar idea.
Other Supplies: Ribbon or Twine
- Die-cut out of a desired cardstock colors, patterned papers and white cardstock 24 folding base elements, 48 tags (2 of the same color or pattern per box) and 24 circle tree elements from the Box, Gift Tag die. Die-cut numbers for a holiday countdown out of an Opulent Gold Cardstock from the Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Die set. (*Note: For ease of assembly, it is recommended to cut the numbers from adhesive backed gold Opulent Cardstock.)
- On each base element, fold along all the crease line down the center lengthwise. While folded, laying horizontally with tabs facing up, fold the right-hand section down at an angle along diagonal score line. Fold the same piece in the opposite direction. Repeat with left side section. Fold both sides up, creating the walls and a base of the gift tag box.
- With liquid adhesive, adhere one die cut circle tree in a contrasting color to the center of a tag. Adhere the die cut numbers to the center of the circle trees, numbering the tags 1 to 24 in a countdown.
- With liquid adhesive, apply one numbered tag and one solid tag of the same color or pattern to either side of the base by adhering the backside of the tags to the folded tabs on the bottom and sides of the base element. Once the adhesive is dry, pinch in the sides of the box with the crease line folded inwards.
- With Express Glue, apply to 2 side tabs and 1 base tab. Adhere bottom of embellished tag along bottom base, tab inside. Adhere side tabs to inside. Allow to dry. Repeat on backside, using an unembellished tag of same color. Once dry, pinch in sides with crease line folded inwards.
- Cut a piece of ribbon or twine and tie it through the punch holes at the top of the tags and tie the ribbon or twine into a bow to close the gift tag box.