How to make a Vintage Truck
A classic Christmas Vintage Truck perfect for your winter crafting! Step out of the box this season!
Other Supplies: Paper Trimmer
- Apply two adhesive sheets on both sides of three pieces of mat board. Remove the protective backing sheet. Cut six pieces of Peppermint cardstock sized 6” x 11 3/4” and apply one to each of the adhesive-backed sides of mat board. Die-cut from the Peppermint mat board two truck sides, four tire fenders, one front truck grill, two small box elements and one large box element from the Box, Vintage Truck die.
- Take the large box element and fold along the score lines so that the sides fold upward. Take the smaller die cut piece from the box elements and adhere the flaps to the inside edge of the two far ends of the larger box element. This will create an open-top box in the shape of a trough.
- With liquid adhesive adhere the truck profiles outside either side of the box element so that they mirror one another.
- Adhere black cardstock to one side of a piece of mat board and die-cut four tires. Die-cut out of silver glitter cardstock four wheel hubcaps and adhere them to the center of each tire with liquid adhesive. Align and adhere the tires to their designated spaces on the build truck with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of Fir Tree cardstock six small and large trees from the same die. Fold along the center vertical embossed line of each tree to fold them in half. With liquid adhesive, adhere half of each tree to the corresponding half of another tree and so on for the remaining pieces of each size. Adhere the first and last tree together to create a dimensional tree shape.