How to make a Layered Christmas Tree Card
Christmas is coming! Get inspired for your festive makes with this Layered Christmas Tree Card idea!
Other Supplies: Black Pen, White Cardstock, Paper Trimmer, Ranger Distress Inks, Water Spritzer
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of Holly Berry cardstock, fold in half to create a card base.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of white cardstock. Emboss the white panel with the Christmas Tree Pattern embossing folder, lightly spritzing the panel with water on both sides to loosen the fibers of the paper before embossing. Set the panel aside to dry. Once dry, center and adhere the white embossed panel to the card front with foam tape.
- Die-cut out of Fir Tree cardstock the bottom layer of the Christmas Tree, out of Sage cardstock the middle layer of tree layers, out of Green Tea cardstock the top layer of the tree layers from Layered Christmas Tree die set. From the die set, die-cut a desired number of small, medium and large ornaments, gifts and ribbons from Ballet Slipper, Holly Berry, Mint Julep, Mermaid Kiss and Primrose cardstock. Finally, die-cut out of Pinecone cardstock one large gift and trim the top portion of the gift off with scissors to create a tree base.
- With the Blending Tool, create contrast on die cut tree and tree layering elements with Evergreen Bough or Pine needles Distress Inks.
- Following the score lines on the Christmas tree base, align and adhere the Sage tree layers to their designated spots with liquid adhesive. Align and adhere the Green Tea tree layers to their designated spots on the Sage layers with liquid adhesive.
- With a black pen draw a pattern across the tree to mimic a string of ornaments. Along the black lines lay the die cut ornaments, with small ornaments starting at the top and graduating in size as they are adhered down the tree with liquid adhesive. Adhere the Pinecone square to the bottom of the tree to create the appearance of a tree stump.
- Center the decorated tree on the embossed panel and adhere it to the card base with foam tape.
- Adhere the ribbons to the gifts with liquid adhesive. Stagger and adhere the gifts along the bottom edge of the Christmas tree with foam tape.