How to make Christmas Tree Cones
Get ready for the festive season and create a Joyful home décor display using this Christmas Tree Cones Idea!
Other Supplies: Paintbrush and Cardboard Tree Cones (3 per tree).
- To create one stacked tree tower, paint each individual cardboard tree cone with a different complimentary shade of acrylic paint. For example, one sample uses the Hibiscus, Primrose and Cherry Blossom Creamy Matte Acrylic paints to create one tree. Wait for the paint to dry or use a heat tool to speed up the process.
- Once the paint has dried use Maker’s Tape to mask a straight line of 1/2" below the tape along the base of each cone tree. Take a small amount of 3-D Adhesive on an index finger and apply the adhesive to the entire bottom rim of the cone. Wait for the adhesive to dry.
- Once dry the adhesive will remain tacky. The tack can be easily re-activated using the heat tool if left too long to dry. Do this by applying heat to the dry adhesive on the lower setting for a few seconds.
- Apply Gold Decorative Foil Sheet to the tacky adhesive rim so that the shiny side of the foil is facing away from the adhesive. Apply pressure by rubbing it with a finger or knuckle and then tear away leaving behind the foil transfer. If the foil doesn’t fully transfer repeat in the same area until satisfied.
- Repeat this method, covering the full area of 3D adhesive on all three cones.
- Finally peel away the Maker’s tape to reveal a straight edge of gold. Stack the cones in a tower in a desired colour pattern.