You will need:
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6 Pk: Feathered Friends (664433)
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10 Pk: Funky Wreath (664434)
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 11 Pk: Media Marks (664436)
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3 Pk: Crochet #2 (664413)
Sizzix Bigz XL Die w/ Framelits Dies: Curio Box (664419)
Sizzix Big Shot Machine (660340)
Ranger Watercolor Cardstock
Tim Holtz Kraft Stock Cardstock
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Etcetera 8x8 Paper Stash
Small Alpha Stamps
Ranger Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Old Paper, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge
Ranger Distress Archival Ink: Black Soot
Ranger Distress Texture Paste: Crackle
Ink Blending Tool
Hi everyone, it's Audrey, and I'm so happy to be back on the Sizzix Making Journal blog today to share another "tweet" card project featuring my favorite dies from the Tim Holtz Chapter 2 release.
The adorable birds from the Feathered Friends Thinlits die set has by far been my favorite set from the spring release. I love that they can be colored in so many variations to create many different species of birds, and they all turn out so beautifully. The Funky Wreath die set has been the perfect companion set for these birds, and once again I've added in a wreath on my project today. It's easy to create a twiggy wreath, like I've done today, or go with a leafy version, instead. And it's fun to add in extras like small flowers or ribbons and bows. On today's card, I mixed in some wonky "greens" that were made with another fabulous die set, Media Marks. Let's take a closer look.
1. To begin, create a 5x5 card base. Cut a piece of striped cardstock to fit the card base, and a second patterned paper to 4x5. Adhere the striped paper to the card base. Die cut a Crochet #2 border from Kraft Stock Cardstock. Cut the border strip in half the long way. Adhere half of the border down each side of the second patterned paper. Using your finger, dab Crackle Texture Paste in all four corners. Let the paste dry, and then ink over the corners with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
2. Die cut one twig wreath and two media marks from Distress Watercolor Cardstock.
3. Watercolor the twig wreath with a mixture of brown Distress Inks. Watercolor the media marks with Old Paper Distress Ink.
4. Tie a piece of natural twine around both sides of the wreath. Take the ends of the twine and wrap them over the top of the panel. Tape the ends of the twine on the backside to secure them in place.
5. Die cut all three pieces of the bird from Distress Watercolor Cardstock.
6. Watercolor the bird using Distress Inks. Assemble the bird pieces.
7. Cut an ~10 length of twine. Let it fall onto the table, and gather it up into loose coils. Adhere the twine to the bottom left corner of the wreath.
8. Adhere one of the media marks across the bottom of the wreath. Place foam adhesive onto the back of the bird die cut, and add it to the wreath. Tie a double bow from twine, and adhere the bow below the bird.
9. Adhere the bird panel to the card base. Snip apart the second media mark, and tuck the pieces randomly around the bird, adhering them in place with small dots of liquid glue.
10. Die cut a banner from Watercolor Cardstock. Color it with Distress Ink. Stamp a sentiment onto the banner using small alphabet stamps. Adhere the banner across the bottom of the wreath.