Hi everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! I've been so inspired as of late with spring blooms and all the budding flowers I have been seeing on my walks. The way they all meld together reminds me of some of my favorite digital floral art prints. With this inspiration in mind, I decided to create my own patterned card backgrounds for a few Thank You cards I wanted to send out. There is nothing better than mixing a bit of thanks with a bit of nature, right?! Keep reading to see the step by step instructions on how I created this card.
You will need:
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 15PK - Floral Tropics (663854)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 3PK - Occasion Phrases (663850)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Embossing Ink Pad, Clear (663012)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Express Glue, 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Opaque Embossing Powder, Bluebell, 12g (663734)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (663780)
- Sizzix™ Tool - Heat Tool, Dual Speed (663706)
- Dye Ink (Light Blue)
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
- Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors an assortment of leaves, stems, flowers, berries and flower centers from the Floral Tropics die set.
2. Layer and adhere the die cut elements into various stacked florals with liquid adhesive.
3. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of white cardstock. Adhere all of the die-cut elements to the white panel in a desired arrangement, securing the elements in place with liquid adhesive.
4. With a pair of scissors, trim away the portions of the die cuts that hang over the edge of the white panel.
5. Die-cut out of Arctic Sky cardstock the phrase 'thanks' from the Occasion Phrases die set. Stamp Embossing Ink on top of the entire sentiment and cover the ink in Bluebell Embossing Powder. Shake away the excess powder, then heat set the powder with the Heat Tool.
6. Cut a panel of Arctic Sky cardstock sized to fit behind the die cut sentiment phrase. Ink the edges of the panel with a light blue ink. Center and adhere the phrase to the panel with liquid adhesive.
7. Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel of gray cardstock. Fold it in half to create the card base. Center and adhere the white panel to the card front with double-sided adhesive. Center and adhere the sentiment panel to the white panel with foam tape.
I feel like patterned background cards are always a nice feature to create with any die set that has a multitude of dies. You can customize the color palettes and even change out the sentiment color depending on what colors you have selected for your die cut elements. I loved this card so much that I decided to replicated it again and switch out the sentiment phrase color for a gold embossing ink to add a bit of variation.
Now all that's left to do is to pop them in the mail to some deserving people who I'm oh so thankful for! What kind of cards have you been sending out lately? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next time...Happy Crafting!