Hello to everyone! I’m Barbara from Italy and this is my first post on the Sizzix Blog! I’m very happy and honored to be here. I’m an Italian mom and wife with a big passion for crafting. I hope you’ll love my project. I created a vintage-style panel with the main decorations made with the new Funky Floral dies by Tim Holtz.
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 17PK - Funky Floral by #1 by Tim Holtz (#662700)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 15PK - Funky Floral by #2 by Tim Holtz (#662701)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 15PK - Funky Floral by #3 by Tim Holtz (#662702)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 40PK - Gift Card Bag by Tim Holtz (#662687)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Mixed Media #5 by Tim Holtz (#662689)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Shadow Script #1 by Tim Holtz (#662684)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 7PK - Stitched Ovals by Tim Holtz (#661188)
- Sizzix Adhesive Sheets - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4", Permanent, 10 Sheets (Tim Holtz Alterations Edition) (#660320)
- Sizzix Accessory - Die Brush & Foam Pad for Wafer-Thin Dies (#660513)
- Sizzix Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies (#660320)
- Idea-ology® Memoranda Paper Stash 12x12
- Idea-ology Classic Paper Stash 8x8
- Idea-ology Numeric
- Idea-ology Substrate Sheets Paperie
- Ranger Distress 4.25 X 5.5 Mixed Media Heavystock
- Canvas, 9" x 7"
- Idea-ology Collage Frames
- Idea-ology Paper Dolls
- Metal heart charm
- Double-sided foam tape
- Masking tape
- Matte medium
- Metallique wax (Rose Gold, Vintage Gold)
- Ranger Alcohol Ink Set Gold Silver Metallic Mixatives
- Ranger Distress Collage Medium Vintage
- Ranger Distress Crayons (Bundled Sage, Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain)
- Ranger Distress Ink Pad (Walnut Stain)
- Ranger Distress Oxides (Tattered Rose, Antique Linen)
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Tonic Micro Serrated Non-Stick Multi-Cutter Scissor 7" by Tim Holtz
Let's get started!
1. Cut and paste a sheet from the Tim Holtz Memoranda Collection onto your 9" x 7" canvas. Distress the edges with sandpaper and use the Walnut Stain Distress Crayons and Distress Ink Pad to color them.
2. Spread a layer of Distress Collage Medium Vintage on the Idea-ology Collage Frame. Once the medium has dried, add color with the Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage Distress Crayons, blending with your fingers. Ink the edges with Walnut Stain.
3. Die-cut Mixed Media #6 from a second sheet of the Tim Holtz Memoranda collection, using the Precision Base Plate for Intricate Thinlits Dies. Reposition your die and cut again, to create a piece big enough to fit inside the Collage Frame Oval. Use the Die Brush & Foam Pad for Wafer-Thin Dies to remove the die-cut.
4. Die-cut a frame out of green cardstock using the Stitched Ovals set. Die-cut a second, smaller oval frame out of brown cardstock. Ink the edges with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink Pad.
5. Adhere the green frame to the collage frame. Adhere the brown frame to the green frame using double-sided foam tape to create dimension.
6. Take the paper that you die-cut previously with Mixed Media #6 and cut it to fit inside the frame you have just prepared. Now the panel pieces are ready and you can compose it by gluing them in place.
7. I chose flowers and leaves from Funky Floral #1, Funky Floral #2 and Funky Floral #3 to create the central decoration of the panel. I prepared a sheet of Heavystock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" using Antique Linen and Tattered Rose Distress Oxides. To cut the leaves, I used cardstock from the Classic Collection by Tim Holtz and a scrap of an Idea-ology Substrate sheet.
8. Use the same coloring process to create some tiny hearts die-cut from the Gift Card Bag. Die-cut the word “Story” from the Shadow Script #1 set together with one of the Adeshive Sheets to create the title of the panel. Ink the edges of each shape with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink Pad.
9. Glue the paper dolls and add a metal number and heart, both painted with metallic wax and Ranger Alcohol Ink Mixative Gold.
I adore the versatility of the new Funky Floral and Mixed Media dies. They are so beautiful and perfect to use in every kind of project. Thanks so much for stopping by!
By Barbara Schiassi