Hi, it’s Suzanne from Sizzix, and today it’s all about getting ready for the BIG game! I have created a game-winning tablescape that includes a simple football banner, football centerpieces, MVP altered letters and (the star of the show) Football Popcorn Favor Boxes. These boxes are fun and easy to make with the Animal Box #2 Bigz L Die. We’ll also be using the must-have Crease & Curl™ tool to add character and dimension to the front of the party boxes.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ L Die - Box, Animal #2 (#663326)
- Sizzix® Movers & Shapers™ Magnetic Die - Tassel (#661328)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Crease & Curl Tool (#662394)
- Sizzix® Accessory - Movers & Shapers Shuttle (#660620)
- Sizzix™ Adhesive Sheets - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4", Permanent (#663050)
- Cardstock (Brown, Green, White)
- Double-Sided Tape
How to make:
1. Die-cut two of the box shapes from the Animal #2 die out of brown cardstock.
2. Fold along the score lines, and assemble the box. Adhere the tabs on the bottom of the box with 1/2" double-sided tape, and the sides of the box with 1/8" double-sided tape.
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 2 1/2" x 4 3/4", and attach an Adhesive Sheet to the back. Cut three 1"x 3" strips from the white cardstock. Stack the white strips together over the whiskers on the Animal #2 die, and die-cut .You will have six thin die-cut strips.
4. Remove the adhesive backing, and adhere three white strips vertically along the center of the box front.
5. Adhere the remaining three strips horizontally on the box front, overlapping the vertical strips and creating a football seam pattern.
6. Die-cut the large Tassel out of green cardstock. Note: You must use the Movers & Shapers Shuttle with the Tassel die.
7. Use the Crease & Curl tool to curl the tassel’s fringe and add dimension.
8. Apply double-sided tape along the bottom of the tassel die-cut, and adhere it to the bottom edge of the box front.
9. Trim the fringe to the desired length.
I hope you give these favor boxes a try. Everyone loves easy, and portable snacks as they enjoy the game, and these are just the right size for the treat of your choice. Tuck in your favorite, sit back and enjoy the big game!