Hi everyone, it's Alexis from the Creative Team! As Halloween will soon be upon us, I can't help but think of the next holiday that approaches... Thanksgiving. As we prepare feasts, book travel plans to visit family and decorate for this delightful fall holiday, it's easy to forget what the holiday itself encompasses: Gratitude. Today I have created the perfect card to send to family, friends, party hosts, or anyone you wish to thank in this upcoming season of gratitude. Let's see what we need to get this card started.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (660200)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set - Doodle Alphabet & Numbers (663408)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set - Free Style Florals (663437)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Die w/Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder - Tree Rings, Mini (664232)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Multi-Tool Starter Kit (662875)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Cardstock Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 Neutral Colors, 60 Sheets (663780)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Foam Tape (663709)
- Sizzix™ Making Essential - Permanent Adhesive Roller (663474)
- Sizzix™ Making Tool - Paper Sculpting Kit (662225)
- Sizzix™ Multi-Tool Accessory - Blending Tool Head w/ Replacement Sponge (662880)
- Gel Pen (White)
- Ink Pads (Assorted Colors)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
How to make:
Cut a 7" x 10 1/4" panel of dark brown cardstock. Fold in half to create card base. Cut a 4 7/8" x 6 3/4" panel of dark cream cardstock. Center and adhere the dark cream cardstock to the front of the card base with double-sided adhesive. With a white gel pen draw a desired pattern around all edges of the dark cream cardstock.
Die-cut out of desired cardstock colors an assortment of flowers, flower centers and leaves from the Free Style Florals die set.
Cut a panel of dark brown cardstock and adhere an adhesive sheet to one side of the cardstock. Die-cut out of the adhesive-backed dark brown cardstock the letters to create the sentiment "thankful for you" from the Doodle Alphabet & Numbers die set.
Die-cut out of brown cardstock the large tree ring from the Tree Rings, Mini die.
Emboss the die cut tree ring by aligning the tree ring to its matching space in the Tree Rings, Mini embossing folder.
Ink the die cut flowers, flower centers, leaves and tree ring with desired inks using the Blending Tool Head.
Sculpt the flowers elements with the Paper Sculpting Kit.
Assemble the flowers with liquid adhesive.
Cut a banner shape and adhere the sentiment to the right-hand side of the banner. Ink the edges of the banner with a desired ink color and the Blending Tool Head.
Arrange the banner, flowers, leaves, and tree rings to the front of the card base and adhere each element with foam tape (for desired dimensional elements) and liquid adhesive. Use a white gel pen to add small decorative details to the flowers as desired.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, as much as I enjoyed creating the project! I can't wait to give this card to someone special next month. Who or what is at the top of your gratitude list this year? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time, happy crafting!