Hi! It's Jenn Taylor from the art room. Today I wanted to share with you a stylish yet simple DIY floral headband, perfect for the summer music festival season!
What’s great about the Bigz Poppy die I used to create the floral headband is that it can be used with fabric, felt and paper. I used a combination of paper and felt, which makes the felt more stable while adding texture to the flowers and leaves.
- Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine (#660425)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ - Poppy by Sophie Guilar (#663353)
- Sizzix® Bigz™ - Wild Leaves by Emily Tootle (#663309)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun (#663550)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Glue Gun Accessories (#663005)
- Sizzix™ Accessory - Paper Sculpting Kit (#662225)
- Sizzix™ Adhesive Sheet Pack - 6" x 6", Permanent, 10 sheets (#656802)
- Sizzix™ Making Essentials - Cardstock Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 80PK (20 Colors) (#663007)
- Sizzix™ Making Essentials - Felt Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 PK (10 Pastel Colors) (#663022)
- Sizzix™ Making Essentials - Felt Sheets, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 PK (10 Bold Colors) (#663008)
- Cardstock (Cream, Green, Pink)
- Felt (Cream, Gray, Green, Pink)
- Leather Suede Cord
- Embellishments (Decorative Buttons, Leaves)
Attach Adhesive Sheets to green, pink and cream cardstock.
Peel the backing off the Adhesive Sheets and attach the cardstock to green, pink and cream felt.
Die-cut small poppy petals from the Poppy die out of pink and cream paper-backed felt.
Die-cut leaves from the Wild Leaves die out of green paper-backed felt.
Die-cut the poppy centers out of cream, pink and gray felt (without paper-backing).
Use the tools from the Paper Sculpting Kit to add dimension and texture to the petals and leaves.
Stack and layer the petals using hot glue.
Use hot glue to adhere the centers to the poppies and embellish with a pearl button.
To create a headband, hot glue three pieces of leather cording together at one end. Braid to desired length, tie the ends and wrap to secure. Use hot glue to hold in place if desired. Embellish with ribbon.
Attach the die-cut poppies to the leather headband with hot glue. Use scraps of cream paper-backed felt to hold the poppies in place.
While I only used the small poppy, you can mix things up by using a variation of both the large and small petals on the die and incorporating more colors. I hope you enjoy making this floral headband as much as I did.