Have you started decorating for Valentine's Day? We love decorating for the holidays and today we've got a really fun project you'll want to sew immediately! This sweet wall hanging is just a few die cuts away! Check out our step by step instructions below!
Finished Size: 16" x 16"
Dies Required: 800003 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Half-Square Triangles, 4 1/2" Assembled Square
800005 Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, 4" Finished (4 1/2" Unfinished)
658328 Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
Yardage Fabric Cutting Instructions
Fat 1/4 Pink solid Cut (10) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
Fat 1/4 Pink print Cut (10) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
Fat 1/4 White on white Cut (8) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
Cut (2) 4 1/2" Squares
1/4 yd Pink stripe Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
Fat 1/4 Backing fabric
20" x 20" Batting
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the Half-Square Triangles and Squares, forming a heart block, on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew a pair of the pink solid and pink print Half-Square Triangles right sides together along the diagonal seam to form a square block. Press.
- Repeat with the remaining sets of Half-Square Triangles. Press.
- Sew the blocks together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the points.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the top. Again, press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.