Sew Cute With Walmart: Hooped Owl Home Decor!
Hoop decor is SO in right now and we are loving it! We've seen everything from intricate hoop decor to yarn wrapping to macrame, but some of the designs we see seem wayyyyy out of our crafting league. It can be a daunting (and not to mention time consuming) task to create cute home decor hoops like this...and that's where our owl die comes in! This little guy is a hoot and all it takes is a few felt sheets and a little needle and thread to assemble. Take a look at how we make him below!
Finished Size: 6" x 6"
Die Required: 800004 Sizzix® Bigz™ Die - Owl #6
Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
Assembling the Project:
- Use the turquoise polka-dot fabric as the background. Find the center by folding in half and then half again, finger pressing the points.
- Layer the Owl pieces centered on the polka-dot background. Hand stitch around the pieces as desired.
- Center the top of the turquoise polka-dot fabric on the inside embroidery hoop.
- Place the outer hoop on top and push down, and then secure the hoop by twisting the metal screw.
- Trim the excess fabric from the back of the hoop.