Quilt yourself up something nice this weekend! If you're looking to change up your decor, no need to click your heels three times or go see any wizard. Inspired by a certain magical movie, this Yellow Brick Road Pillow is the perfect project to beautify your home with a touch of your own sewing & die-cutting magic. Take a look at this easy peasy project below!
Finished Size: 24" x 24"
All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew a pair of gray and yellow Half-Square Triangles, right sides together, along the diagonal seam to form a square. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn together to form square blocks.
- Using the pillow image as a guide, arrange the blocks to create a diamond pattern, six across by six down.
- Stitch the rows together to form the pillow top.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert the pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.
That's a wrap, makers! Let us know where you plan on putting this fun modern pillow in the comments below, and if you share your own pillow makes with our dies, make sure to hashtag your pictures with #sizzixquilting so we can see and reshare on Instagram!