Hi everyone! It’s Barbara from Yaya Scrap & More. Today I’m sharing with you a bright and colorful Tropical Card. It’s a simple summer project that creates a stunning card!
- Sizzix Big Shot™ Machine
- Sizzix Framelits™ Die Set w/Stamps - Birds of a Feather by Lynda Kanase (#662780)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die Set - Gift Card Bag by Tim Holtz® (#662687)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Stitched Slots by Tim Holtz (#662697)
- Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades™ Embossing Folder - Lumber by Tim Holtz (#662718)
- Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder - Tropical Leaves by Courtney Chilson (#662827)
- Distress® Mixed Media Heavystock by Tim Holtz
- Idea-ology® Classic Kraft-Stock by Tim Holtz
- Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) by Tim Holtz
- Distress Oxide (Gathered Twigs) by Tim Holtz
- Distress Spray Strains (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feather, Twisted Citron) by Tim Holtz
- Mini Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Peacock Feather, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick) by Tim Holtz
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool
- Stampers Anonymous - Cocktail Blueprint by Tim Holtz (CMS335)
- Tonic Studios® Mini-Snips by Tim Holtz
- Tonic Studios Stamp Platform by Tim Holtz
- Watercolor Brush
Create a colorful background using pieces of cardstock and colors of your choice for the card base and for the layering pieces. Here, I used Distress® Spray Stains on Distress Mixed Media Heavystock. (Tip: Spray the cardstock with water and add ink to create a splattered watercolor effect.) Make sure all the cardstock is dry before moving on to the next steps.
Emboss the inked cardstock with the Tropical Leaves embossing folder, and add more ink to the raised embossed pattern. Emboss a piece of white cardstock with the Lumber embossing folder, and add ink as desired.
Stamp the Cocktail Blueprint, and apply ink to create a watercolor effect. Cut out the stamped image. Ink the edges as desired.
Die-cut the Stitched Slots shape and the corresponding label. Die-cut the word PARTY from the Gift Card Bag set out of the die-cut label and again out of inked cardstock. Adhere the inked letters to the label as shown.
Die-cut out of desired material the large leaves from the Birds of a Feather set, and apply ink as shown. Embellish and layer all the shapes on the card front.
I had so much fun creating this colorful card—perfect for summer entertaining or gift-giving! These fabulous dies are perfect for any inspiration during the summer season. I hope you’ll love it!
Thanks for stopping by!
By Barbara Schiassi