Hello everyone! Richele here today with a beautiful framed décor piece. I love the gold and silver elegant look. I've used some of my favorite dies from the Tim Holtz Alterations seasonal designs. The Wise Men Thinlits die set, the Wonderland Alphabet Bigz die and Funky Festive Thinlits are a few of my favorites for the season. Plus, I mixed in some previous favorites like the Mini Globe and the Holiday Words dies. Let's see how it all comes together!
- Sizzix® Vagabond 2 Machine by Tim Holtz® (#660855)
- Sizzix Bigz™ XL Alphabet Die - Wonderland by Tim Holtz (#663110)
- Sizzix Thinlits™ Die - Globe, Mini by Tim Holtz (#661598)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Funky Festive by Tim Holtz (#663101)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Holiday Words 2: Thin by Tim Holtz (#661601)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Wise Men by Tim Holtz (#663127)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun (#663550)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Accessories (#663005)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Stand (#662302)
- Sizzix Accessory - Glue Gun Sticks, 8", Clear, 20pk (#663065)
- Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets - 4" x 6", Assorted, 6 Sheets (#656802)
- Advantus Idea-ology Metallic Kraft Stock 8" x 8", Gold & Silver (#31404)
- Black Cardstock
- Distress® Collage Medium Matte
- Distress Paint Picket Fence
- Idea-ology Framed Panel
- Idea-ology 8" x 8" Mini Paper Stash, Christmas
- Gold Ribbon
- Ranger Collage Glue Stick
- Ranger Foil Sheets, Vintage
Apply Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets to the back of the Metallic Kraft Stock.
Die-cut the Mini Globe Die from silver kraft stock with the Foam Adhesive on the back.
Cut Christmas Paper to fit Framed Panel 6 1/2" x 8".
Paint Tim Holtz Idea-ology Framed Panel with Picket Fence Distress Paint using a small brush.
Adhere background paper, then adhere frame and panel together with Distress Collage Medium and let dry.
Die-cut Wise Men from black cardstock with Sizzix Foam Adhesive in black on the back. Adhere to frame. I like how the die doesn't cut the perimeter so it can be used in different ways.
Die-cut "PEACE" from the Sizzix Bigz XL Wonderland Alphabet Die using the Gold Metallic Kraft Stock with Sizzix Foam Adhesive Sheets on the back. Adhere to frame in lower right corner. Die-cut "ON EARTH" from the Holiday Words 2 or even the Thin Alphanumeric Thinlits die set would work great, too.
Trim a little off the top of the Mini Globe and adhere to frame with the Star Burst on top.
Die-cut Funky Festive from both gold and silver kraft stock.
Tie a bow from a piece of gold ribbon. Create a bough from the Funky Festive pieces and adhere both pieces together with the Sizzix Glue Gun.
Adhere the bough to the frame with the Glue Gun.
Working in small sections, apply Ranger Collage Glue Stuck to the raised areas of the frame. Apply the Ranger Foil Sheets (colored side up) over frame and burnish with fingers. Let sit for a couple minutes and carefully pull off foil sheet. The foil will be on the raised areas of the frame.
I also loved using the new Sizzix Glue Gun and Accessories with the fine no drip tip and the finger caps to help prevent me from burning my fingers. It's perfect for home décor and adhering lots of different surfaces. Hope you enjoyed making this craft with me!
Thanks for stopping in!
5 thoughts on "Wise Men Framed Panel Makes Great Holiday Décor!"