Hello, I’m Stacy, and I am so excited to be here sharing a project with you today. I have been a maker and self proclaimed Tim Holtz fan for many years. His eclectic vintage style speaks to my heart and gets my distressed loving creative juices flowing. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and are inspired to get making.
Sizzix Pine Branch
Sizzix Deck The Halls
Sizzix Circle Words Christmas
Sizzix Stacked Tags
Sizzix 3D Lumber Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Distress Watercolor Paper
Distress Splatter Brush
Distress Mini Blending Tool
Heat It Craft Tool
Distress Collage Matte Medium
Vintage Photo Distress Spray Stain
Walnut Stain Distress Spray Stain
Forest Moss Distress Paint
Iced Spruce Distress Paint
Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Spray
Picket Fence Distress Paint
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
Glass Media Mat
Christmas Adornments - Snowflakes, Stars, Christmas Tokens
Kraft Stock Paper
1) Emboss a sheet of Distress Watercolor Paper with the 3D Lumber texture fade.
2) Spritz the watercolor paper with a spritz of water and then spritz on Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Spray Stains and dry with a heat tool.
3) With your finger, rub a small amount of Forest Moss and Iced Spruce Distress Paint onto the lumber paper and dry with a heat tool.
4) Spritz the lumber paper with Ground Espresso Oxide Spray, spritz with water and dry with a heat tool.
5) Repeat the process and create a variety of lumber backgrounds using a variety of sprays and distress paints.
6) Cut small tags out of the lumber background papers using the smallest tag from the Stacked Tags Thinlet Set.
7) Cut the tags using dies from the Circle Words Christmas thinlet set.
8) Create background paper for the lumber tags with a piece of kraft stock paper, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, Picket Fence Distress Paint and a Splatter brush. Blend the kraft stock with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and a blending tool. Add Picket Fence Distress Paint to a Craft or Media Mat and dip Splatter Brush into paint. Splatter the paint onto the kraft stock and dry with a heat tool.
9) Trim the kraft stock background paper to fit behind the small tags leaving approximately 1/8” border around the tag.
10 & 11) Using distress inked paper scraps, cut out pieces of trims and greens from the Pine Branch and Deck The Halls thinlet sets.
12) Assemble the holly and pinecones with Distress Collage Matte Medium and arrange the pieces onto the tags. Adhere the pieces to the tags using pop dots and Distress Collage Matte Medium.
Tie pieces of jute onto the tags through the top hole and add idea-ology Christmas adornments (Snowflakes, Star and Christmas Token) using idea-ology Mini Pins. Tie the tags onto gifts and give to friends and family!