How to: Woodland Lantern
As we get closer to the end of the year that means two things, Christmas and the final chapter of 2021 (Chapter 4) here at Sizzix. Throughout this blog, I am going to create a step-by-step of how to make this enchanting paper lantern using the brand new Woodland Lantern Set (665490) from Sizzix Chapter 4.
This Sizzix Woodland Lantern by Kath Breen is a gorgeous mini lantern that channels the autumn/winter vibe. There's nothing more satisfying than layering together this intricately detailed Sizzix design and adding a flameless tealight candle to warm up those cold winter nights. This essential Sizzix Craft Die can be used as a small gift or favor box or even for something in the home, such as Christmas Tree Decorations.
You Will Need...
- Sizzix® Big Shot® Machine (660200) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Express Machine (660850) or Sizzix® Big Shot® Foldaway Machine (662220)
- Sizzix® Thinlits® Die Set 7PK -Woodland Lantern (665490)
- Sizzix® Surfacez™ - Cardstock, 8 1/4" x 11 3/4", 20 Assorted Colors, 80 Sheets (663007)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Express Glue 120ml (664576)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Makers Tape 2PK (663473)
- Sizzix® Making Essential - Stencil Film, 8 1/4" x 11 5/8", 10 sheets (663053)
- Paper Trimmer
- Flameless Tealight Candle *NOT NECESSARY*
1. Arrange the main lantern shape along with your chosen inset elements onto your Cardstock and secure with Makers Tape before rolling through your machine.
2. Duplicate the first die cut so that you have two lantern shapes and die cut one base element, all from the Cobblestone Cardstock.
3. Measure and trim the Stencil Film down to fit the back of the cutout areas of the lantern elements and adhere them in place using Express Glue.
4. Die cut the deer and squirrel elements from Caramel Toffee Cardstock and adhere them in place onto the lantern using Express Glue to highlight the animals.
5. Fold along all of the score lines.
6. Apply Express Glue along all of the tabs and adhere the lantern together. I recommend starting by securing the two lantern pieces together and then slotting in the base element.
7. Place a flameless tea light inside of the lantern and close up the top.
Thank you for reading this blog, Don't forget to check all of the new Chapter 4 Dies and share your makes using the hashtag #mymakingstory. we love to see your creations!